Between Shadows is out next month and I'm really excited to share this one with all of you! Here's a behind the scenes sneak peek of the book:
1. The first chapter of Between Shadows came to me in October 2012. I was sitting at Panera and I was supposed to be working on I See London, when all of a sudden, the first chapter of Between Shadows came to me. I wrote it in record time and I couldn't get X out of my mind. I was dying to know where the story would head! I began working on Between Shadows between breaks in my contracted books and I'm SO excited to share it with all of you now.
2. Between Shadows is not a romance. It's a bit of a departure for me; it's a thriller with a romantic subplot (because let's be honest, I'm not sure I would write a book without some romance).
3. Between Shadows is single-POV and is written in first person, present tense. The book is really twisty and I wanted the reader to go on X's journey with her.
4. The book is a standalone in a planned series of interconnected standalones (featuring different main characters) that take place in the same world.
5. I know who the main character will be for the next book and you meet that character in Between Shadows. Right now, I have a tentative idea for a release date for the next book, but it'll depend on my traditional pub schedule. I'll keep you all posted!
6. Between Shadows is set in London and includes trips to some fun destinations, including a trip to Tunisia. I did some real-life research when I went there for spring break in 2006.
7. There's a lot of action and it's definitely my most suspenseful book to date.
8. The first chapter is one of my all-time favorite first chapters.
9. You meet X's love interest in the second chapter of the book.
10. The title was inspired by Pablo Neruda's Sonnet XVII.